Operation Christmas Child
The Samaritan's Purse Operaton Christmas Child (OCC) project is a mission outreach which supplies Christmas gifts in shoeboxes to children who might not otherwise receive gifts for Christmas. The OCC website states that since 1993, more than 146 million boys and girls in over 160 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ."
Providence Baptist Church supports the Operation Christmas Child project in a number of ways. First, members and guests of Providence are encouraged to participate by filling shoeboxes for the project and returning them to the church on the designated collection day (which we call "Shoebox Sunday"). Secondly, Providence serves as a local collection center for shoebox donations from all around the Harrisburg area, providing volunteer staffers for the collection and distribution center delivery work. Finally, we take a group of up to 50 volunteers to the Operation Christmas Child Distribution Center in Charlotte to prepare and pack donated shoeboxes for distribution.
Will you partner with us as we spead the Gospel of Jesus to children around the world one shoebox at a time?
(For instructions on how to pack a shoebox, see the OCC website's "How to Pack a Shoebox" page.)
2018 Operation Christmas Child Schedule
- Sunday, November 11, in the morning worship services — Shoebox Sunday (Providence collection)
- November 12 - 19 — Providence collection center* open
- Monday, November 12, 10am - 2pm
- Tuesday, November 13, 5:30pm - 8pm
- Wednesday, November 14, 10am - 2pm
- Thursday, November 15, 5:30pm - 8pm
- Friday, November 16, 5:30pm - 8pm
- Saturday, November 17, 9am - Noon
- Sunday, November 18, 2pm - 5pm
- Monday, November 19, 10am - 2pm